Site Network: del.icio.us | Technorati |

 

I know the pieces fit 'cause I watched them fall away and I've done the math enuf to know the danger's of a second guessing.


What does Sparta mean to you?

For me, it didn't mean anything, for it was the very first time I heard about them. For some - probably not. The inspiration for this film - 300, was a historically inspired comic novel series by the same name. Sparta was the city-state devoted to military training, possessed the most formidable army in the Greek world and having achieved notable victories over the Athenian and Persian Empires, they were regarded as the natural protector of Greece.

300 the Movie
The film is a definite must watch and you'd love it if you liked Gladiator. The Sin City effect is quite evident throughout the movie and gives it a special touch. Heard an NIN music (The Downward Spiral) being played as soundtrack which was kewl. Things happen so fast these days, I already find people adding stuff relating this movie to the novel with an excellent comparison of how it was depicted in the movie vs the novel on Wiki.



Direction was superb and so were some of the dialogues. I watched it in an "almost full" theater with lots of oohs, aahs and peek-a-boo happening throughout the movie. I would give it a 4.5 star rating and was one of the best movies I have seen off late.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

Posted by Rajesh @ 6:57 PM; PERMALINK,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Shouts:

Post a Comment

<< Home