Site Network: del.icio.us | Technorati |

 

I know the pieces fit 'cause I watched them fall away and I've done the math enuf to know the danger's of a second guessing.


Visit Places - Drive, Fly or Swim

Playing around on Google is fun. Playing with Google is double fun. People visit places, they drive, they fly, take the train. But what would you say if you're asked to swim? Amrita visited London recently (she's gotta blog with a detailed write up and 'more' snaps to prove that though) ; I thought hey - it would be a good idea to visit London - spend your vacation there. It would be a dream come true fomme.

So I open up the much reliable Gmaps and here's what I find ....

Swimmmmmmmmm
Pay attention to - Item #9 and you'd see what I mean. And then #10 asks me to take a "slight right". Pay toll and reach my destination "London" after traveling 3,722 mi in about 29 days 6 hours. I wonder, amongst other things, how they'd have calculated my swimming speed :P.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

Posted by Rajesh @ 7:27 PM; PERMALINK,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8 Shouts:

At March 29, 2007 11:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

heh that's pretty funny. programmer log ko common sense kam hota hai kya?

 
At March 30, 2007 10:00 PM, Blogger Rajesh said...

@ mosilager - tis funny. I think its intentional. Who would use "Swim" and then go on to calculate it on a Map ? Yahoo says it simply cannot do it ;)

 
At March 31, 2007 11:28 AM, Blogger D for Dawn said...

LOL! That is hilarious! :D
Man! I cannot stop laughing

 
At March 31, 2007 8:14 PM, Blogger Rajesh said...

@ d for dawn - Masterminds at google try to make it hilarious for us. Funny really :)

 
At April 01, 2007 11:01 AM, Blogger Ranjit said...

so google having some fun at our expense. Great find.

 
At April 03, 2007 8:08 PM, Blogger Rajesh said...

@ Mosilager - Yeah. They try to do that often. Remember April Fools day jokes :P

 
At April 23, 2007 3:50 PM, Blogger ammu said...

LOL!! I saw that a few weeks ago actually...I died of laughter!! Google is gettign a lil too smart I say!

 
At April 23, 2007 8:18 PM, Blogger Rajesh said...

@ amrita - yeah. I think its floating on the net since a few days. Google has the sense of humor though :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home