Site Network: del.icio.us | Technorati |

 

I know the pieces fit 'cause I watched them fall away and I've done the math enuf to know the danger's of a second guessing.


Superb Week (Sports)

Was a superb week(end) as far as the sporting world's concerned. Close to 6 inches of snow Friday, saw my plans of going to watch '300' go down the drain. But thanks to F1 and thanks to Kimi Raikkonen Saturday evening I was all smiles.

One reason - India lost their WC opener against Bangladesh. It seriously cranked me up. I was following the scores on Cricinfo and saw the wickets tumble like crazy. The end result was quite evident as the men in Blue got their much needed wake up call. On the other hand Pakistan was kicked outta the WC after losing 2 matches in a row, yesterday was truly a celebration for the Irish.

Anyways I don't care much about these teams anyways (am more interested in the Fantasy League now), I'm rooting for SA or SL this time. All this seems to be a Deja Vu, I'd mentioned earlier that "I hope I don't see any surprises" ... and what a surprise it was!! Again I have to ask this - What's Sehwag doing there? Enjoying his stay??

Coming back to the F1 - finally Kimi got what he deserved. He was unstoppable right from lap 1 as he dominated the race and never looked back. I'm happy for him and happy that Ferrari would be able to retain their stature as the best team even after MS's departure. The new kid - Hamilton did a superb job as well. Let's wait and watch if Alonso would be able to retain his title this year...

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

Posted by Rajesh @ 11:49 AM; PERMALINK,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Shouts:

Post a Comment

<< Home