Site Network: del.icio.us | Technorati |

 

I know the pieces fit 'cause I watched them fall away and I've done the math enuf to know the danger's of a second guessing.


Dear Wikipedia - I'm feeling lucky

There's a new craze in town . Gone are the days you used to use 'Google' as an encyclopedia - search for anything and boom its right up there on top. Well, Google still have their feature called 'I'm feeling lucky' whereby any search is directed to the 1st search result.

New craze - to become part of the Wiki Project Wikify. Wikipedia prides itself on the fact that the articles are unbiased and that many eyes on any article will ensure the accuracy of the article. It didn't take me much time to get on with it and am now a Wiki user, just like millions of others out there. What do I do there? Believe me its a great place to practice your translation skills, go through the articles that need some attention, need modification, check for grammatical errors, add information that you are aware of (and you can defend by providing links) etc etc.. Its Fun!!!

Heard a joke the other day that Google's "I'm feeling lucky" button would soon be replaced with a "Wikipedia Result" Button ;) , for the very first hit for almost every search out there directs you to Wikipedia. Who knows, it could become true one day -


Snap - Digital Point

Labels: , , , , , ,

Posted by Rajesh @ 6:22 PM; PERMALINK,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9 Shouts:

At March 04, 2007 7:04 PM, Blogger RPM said...

@rajesh: That's nice ... you get to put your name on one of the most visited sites today :-)

 
At March 04, 2007 7:14 PM, Blogger ammu said...

That's an amazing find Rajesh. thanks!
I just signed up as well...this should be fun! :)

 
At March 05, 2007 12:52 PM, Blogger Rajesh said...

@ USC Trojan - Yeah, its right up there on top :)

@ Amrita - Amazing it is, I found it a while back but didn't make a post until the day before. Enjoy !! ;-)

 
At March 09, 2007 12:20 AM, Blogger MadV said...

Quite true... about Wiki replacing Google search..

 
At March 09, 2007 10:34 PM, Blogger Mosilager said...

hey that's nice that you're contributing. maybe someday i'll take it up too.

You might see an entry on the famous "Rajesh Warrier" who has some spooky deja vu going on (at a distance of course).

 
At March 10, 2007 6:52 PM, Blogger Rajesh said...

@ Madv - Its gonna replace "I'm feeling Lucky" (if it hasn't already :P). BTW - where have you been lately - quite a long absence frm the blogging world ? I see that you've given up on Blogger :O

 
At March 10, 2007 6:54 PM, Blogger Rajesh said...

@ Mosilager - It feels nice to contribute something, right?

Well, you can definitely start a small write up. The thing is that I can't do it for myself (they don't support self appraisal). I can then start one for you - "Dr.Mosilager" ;-) - say what ?

 
At March 14, 2007 2:19 AM, Blogger Intruder said...

me too getting addicted to wiki these days.

instead of google i directly type "wiki subject" to search on subject in my firefox addresbar.. that get directly into googles lucky result.
with wiki in hte keyword its 100% affirmed that its from wikipedia

As for wiki membership
Intruder is there !
:D

 
At March 18, 2007 4:53 PM, Blogger Rajesh said...

@ Intruder - Hey that's a good tip. I still go via google at times and land up at Wiki ;-)

You're out there? Will find you ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home