Site Network: del.icio.us | Technorati |

 

I know the pieces fit 'cause I watched them fall away and I've done the math enuf to know the danger's of a second guessing.


Today in History - PINK FLOYD

Pink Floyd released their album " THE WALL" in 1979. It is arguably one of the most intriguing and imaginative albums in the history of rock music. The very best amongst the rest in the album, and my personal favorite is Another Brick in the Wall ( ABITW) 1,2 and 3.
There's no pause, no break between the songs, in fact the transition is almost simultaneous. ABITW - 2 is the most famous part of the "Brick in the Wall trilogy" where Roger Waters goes singing about education , thought control and " Hey Teachers - leave the kids alone".



I simply love listening to this album in particular. It would by large be the most listened album on my Ipod and on my Winamp. Anyways its almost over ... 2005 I mean. Last few days and just 1 month to go before 06 arrives. As I stand dumbstuck - the pace with which 05 went by is undescribable. I still remember the New Year celebration last year. A good start so far - the vacation month has started !!!

Posted by Rajesh @ 9:54 PM; PERMALINK,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Shouts:

At November 30, 2005 3:37 PM, Blogger RPM said...

I love Pink Floyd!

And to talk about how '05 slipped away, we can talk about Time from DSOTM:

And you run and you run
To catch up with the sun
But it's sinking

Racing around
To come up behind you again

The sun is the same, in the relative way
But you're older
Shorter of breath, one day closer to death

:-)

 
At November 30, 2005 6:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen ...

PF is one of my all time favs. Have about 1/2 gigs worth stuff.

Division bell was simply amazing and so were most of their albums..

Yeah, time flies ... what else can I say. Soon it would be a warm welcome for '06 :D

 
At December 13, 2005 4:30 PM, Blogger RPM said...

Hey!

I just downloaded winamp and could not find floyd 24x7 and stuff. Where do I find it?

You can email me at usctrojan98 at gmail dot com. I could not find your email address anywhere otherwise I would have emailed you directly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home