Site Network: del.icio.us | Technorati |

 

I know the pieces fit 'cause I watched them fall away and I've done the math enuf to know the danger's of a second guessing.


Zooooooooommmmmmmmmm...



Yeah that's how this week went by. For that matter, every week in this month, the month before that and the one before that .. and so on ... I've realised that it doesn't take 5 days, anymore, to complete the number of working days a week ...

I dont know whether you guys have experienced the same but even if the work load is less .... ~duh~ .... there comes Friday. I can imagine if one's working his ass off and staying late night, in which case you would only remember spending time in your bed ....

Is this something that we call work culture in US ? 5 days work and then week-ends .. Monday starting again with a hope .... hope - that lets us dream of the coming Friday ... I am not sure if its the same case down under. I guess there is a huge difference in the Work Culture alright. But out here too we've seen guys working their asses off, in Silicon Valley for eg. Thank god the fever hasn't reached EAST COAST... and when the wind starts blowing to this part of US , the momentum is hampered by holidays and longer holidays ... :-)

Like the one on Thanksgiving, where most of them are gonna work Mon, Tue take an off Wed, Thu, Fri .... thats what my colleagues are looking forward to. I agree with them, although its winter they eagerly look forward to meet their Loved ones and you know the Turkey stuff, how much ever superficial it may seem to be !!

I guess Einstein would have been surprised. He should have been alive to watch the 21st century, with time travelling faster than light. Going dead-slow on week-ends and picking up speed on Sundays not to look back - neither to slow down before Friday ;-)

Talking about Einstein and maths, I did a quick calculation and realised the following --- the size of my room (say) is ... X by Y. With the time flying this week I was late in finding out (today) that the size of my room has been reduced drastically [(X/2) * (Y/2)] .. things have started pouring from here and there with the area being eaten up by clothes, gadgets and applicances. But do they belong to me ??

There were days when I used to say SSDD .. but now-a-days its NSDD ...

Posted by Rajesh @ 9:23 PM; PERMALINK,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 Shouts:

At November 17, 2005 10:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am curious, whatz SSDD and MSDD ?

 
At November 17, 2005 11:40 PM, Blogger Rajesh said...

@ Karthik: I thought you knew that; its some work lingo ..

 
At November 18, 2005 8:54 AM, Blogger RPM said...

I think it is quite the oppposite for me. If the worload is less, I tend to wait forever to get to Friday. But on the other hand, when the workload is high, time zips by and all of a sudden it is the weekend.

And weekends are _never_ slow. They _always_ fly by and let Monday come in to your life faster! :-(

 
At November 18, 2005 6:44 PM, Blogger Rajesh said...

@rpm - yeah its true.. this week has been quite odd and this month for that matter .. I think the daylight savings has something to do with that ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home