Site Network: del.icio.us | Technorati |

 

I know the pieces fit 'cause I watched them fall away and I've done the math enuf to know the danger's of a second guessing.


Yesterday was all set. But today ?


It has been a busy day today. Couldn't sleep well yesterday .... was awake late night first watching the game, with SOX claiming the pennant, then the phone calls that went across US of A from the east coast to the mid-west to the west coast ... and by the time I grabbed myself and pulled my body to the bed, it was about 3 AM. The routine was not to be broken, had to be at work early and had to wake up early ...
Lucky for me that didn't fell that tired until about lunch. Had a good Rice and home made sabzi prepared by none other than me, cannot describe the jhapki that I had to tolerate for about an hour .. got over it and then the usual 1 888 calls that went around. Of course would the fun end there ? Nup.. for some reason had to stay back late and again it was about 8 in the evening by the time I reached home.
The last 2 days have been productive in the sense that watching the Game on Fox and watching SOX win was amazing. Today all of a sudden, nothing much to do. Being all alone out here to celebrate one can imagine what I'd be going through. Eagerly awaiting the week-end to get some celebration done. Friends have started asking for a Party. Well I'm still thinking about it as I know and even they know that we just need a reason to celebrate !!
I dont mind. I knew what I was up against and I bet even Sox knew what they were up against. The moment Pauly made the out ... thanks ( and a BIG thanks ) to Uribe I knew that it was all over. For me, it was too late as I was the only one awake but it didnt stop me from whistling and jumping up and down :-)
I know how it would it be in Chicago on Friday, when they would parade in dwntwn Chicago. Probably down the magnificient mile and the crowd that would gather .. all in all it would be a good sight, that I would miss unfortunately. Guys have waited 88 years for this. I was lucky enuf that had to wait only a coupla years !!

Posted by Rajesh @ 9:38 PM; PERMALINK,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 Shouts:

At October 28, 2005 12:57 PM, Blogger RPM said...

I hear you...I was alone when India won the match against Australia at Calcutta. Harbajan taking a hat-trick and all that. I was listening to some audio commentary and I had no one to celebrate all the fun with. The wife was asleep and it was late in the night to call anyone.

Congratulations!

 
At October 28, 2005 7:54 PM, Blogger Rajesh said...

That was an awesome match too. But yeah more than often you realise that you're the only one out there.

Can't do much though. Just gulp it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home