Site Network: del.icio.us | Technorati |

 

I know the pieces fit 'cause I watched them fall away and I've done the math enuf to know the danger's of a second guessing.


I almost bought the tickets

It was a nightmare yesterday both at work and after coming home ... The reason ? It was raining all day and the gloomy atmosphere didnt make it any easier, though was inside the John Hancock tower at my desk, on the back of my mind was thinking about this atmosphere and the gloominess ... this rain pouring down; and then I had decided to go and watch Sox play @ NYY on Saturday.. ( if NYY made it by winning against LAA) i.e ..

I knew that the 3rd match would be @ NYY ; and was already making plans about that ..... the ticket prices were not of much concern as it was never an issue. We( my friend and I) did some major research yesterday googling for snapshots of Yankee Stadium to find out the best seat we could get .. The Bleachers, Loges, Boxes, Tiers and what not .. Was looking for sections where I could atleast walk through and get some to eat and drink, cause its not always that you go to watch a Baseball match and had to enjoy every moment of it ...

Rejected some of the seating localities 'cause they didnt allow us to get out of the section (Bleachers) , the Foul pole would have been in our way, Rowdies would have burried us 'cause we were supporting SOX and what not ..


That's y I said DISSAPOINTMENT for not so OBVIOUS reasons. The obvious reason would have been that Yankees did not make it .. The not so obvious reason is that I couldnt go and watch the match .. So much of thinking, preparation and time all gone down the drain ...


I had filled in all the fields, even the credit card information and was waiting for the match to get started or atleast the 3-4th Inning .. and when NYY had a 2 run lead, almost booked the tickets .. but then decided to wait till the 7th Inng. and there was no need after that. I closed my browser and went to bed .. pondering how close I came to watch the game on Saturday ... Sigh !! Before getting to sleep I called my friend and even decided to go to Chicago and watch a game ( so pisssed off but then realised the flight fares would not make it a merry trip )


I think I can write a book even putting up some snaps of the Yankee Stadium. And it would sell like hot cakes, as --- it starts and ends with Yankees in NEW YORK . But for now I'm all in for SOX .....

Posted by Rajesh @ 6:53 PM; PERMALINK,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 Shouts:

At October 12, 2005 7:36 PM, Blogger RPM said...

Good call with the White Sox. I did not see any of their games, and I did not follow them at all. But they knocked off the defending champions and it was a well executed sweep.

Angels have won the first one in the ALCS. Let's see what happens in that series.

 
At October 12, 2005 10:46 PM, Blogger Rajesh said...

Yup. You are right. Have always been a Whitesox fan and boy they are playing good this time.

1-1 it is right now; and off we go to LA on Saturday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home