Site Network: del.icio.us | Technorati |

 

I know the pieces fit 'cause I watched them fall away and I've done the math enuf to know the danger's of a second guessing.


An Eventful Day

Now u wont believe it what a day this was .... had to cut it into 2 parts ... each part is interesting enuf to make u smirk ..

Part-1

Regular morning except that it was cold (49 F) and windy .. get to my regular 8:30-8:45 train and its rush time.. after seating myself take out the book to read on my way to work ( as I usually do) .. this dude gets the seat beside me and peeps into what I'm upto (reading) .. as the train starts to pull off from the station he smiles and asks me Schrödinger ?

I was dumbstuck and looked straight into his eyes, frankly couldn't believe myself and couldnt believe in what he was saying .. the next 30 minutes we talked a lot ( though he was doin the most of it ) about Quantum mech, Thermo, Schrodinger's cats, Stephen Hawkings, Newton, Bell and what not. Needless to say- he knew what he was talking about ( and so did I .. he he he ...). We exchanged some examples from the books we read and as we were trying to think what the hell is wrong at the Quantum level , its then that other daily commuters started lookin at us and trying to figure out what's goin on ..

He took some papers which he's working on and expressed his interests in Human psychology and his ongoing research .. Its not often that you find someone with whom you could talk about - unpopular topics like this and as we pondered about the tiny particles involved, it was time for me to get down. But I did mentioned that I'm from India and the very next thing he say's its cool .. and u know the usual stuff .. before jumping to the call centers. But this time praising the guys working out there.. he was like - they speak good English I dont know y guys keep complainin about them being unable to comprehend and speak English that well .. for a minute I was pondering about what he had to say and I should say - he was right

Part - 2

Now part 2 - on my way back home. Boarded the train(Red line) but was interrupted by a fellow countryman on the platform. Wanted to know some Indian stores/restaurants in Boston .. I was in a hurry and had to turn around to figure out what/who it was ? I helped him out with a few names and where he could get down to reach the stores.. accompanied me on the train.

Started talking about the winter and I said I've see worse conditions in Chicago .. he said yes I've been in Chicago too .. I graduated from IIT .. I was like WHAT THE HELL .. what's wrong with the world today ? I told him I graduated from the same school and its then that I realised - its a small world

What else could I say? Indeed its a small world and it was an ENENTFUL DAY in this world.

Posted by Rajesh @ 10:24 PM; PERMALINK,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Shouts:

Post a Comment

<< Home