Site Network: del.icio.us | Technorati |

 

I know the pieces fit 'cause I watched them fall away and I've done the math enuf to know the danger's of a second guessing.


Was that Maveli I saw in Boston ?


For me its like any other day. But t'would have been a different story altogether had I been in Kerala, or India for that matter. Yeah! would have got a chance to get involved in the fest and the feast and if you know what I'm talking about then you know what I'm talking about.

Its been like what 4 years .. Sigh !! Time flies, they say; and I say it does dude. Aint no argument that goes against it. It was fun preparing for about... what 7 days .. decorating the front of the house with a stupendous display of flowers to go about in a circular fashion (pookalam) and then getting up early in the morning to pluck the fresh flowers from the fields to get the best design for the day !! I dont believe am not entitled to have all that now. Its 7 oceans away from home (if I go by the old saying) its no surprise that a Boston ONAM would be what something that I would look forward to.
About Maveli yeah I guess I pretty much have his company out here, though I havent seen him inspite of the rain out here in Boston. I thought it might be an ideal environment for him to arrive with his umbrella and I'd have welcomed him with the grace and gratitude that he would have expected out there in "God's Own Land".
Well I guess I've got to contemplate by remembering the enjoyable moments of my childhood spent out there - I am sure its no less than like heaven - growing up in Kerala.
And I miss those days !!

Posted by Rajesh @ 8:33 PM; PERMALINK,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 Shouts:

At September 19, 2005 8:05 AM, Blogger MadV said...

It may be Maveli. I have heard that he comes to visit Malayalees in Kerala in the morning. And he has got one whole day. So there is a high probability that he might have got down in Boston on his way back to Pathalam in the night ;-). Happy Onam!!!

 
At September 19, 2005 8:26 PM, Blogger Rajesh said...

I guessed it right didnt I ? He looked different this year though ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home