Site Network: del.icio.us | Technorati |

 

I know the pieces fit 'cause I watched them fall away and I've done the math enuf to know the danger's of a second guessing.


What a week

Quite a happening week I'd say, not only in this part of the world but the Asian subcontinent had a fair share -




Entertainment

The much awaited finale of 'The Sopranos' was deemed as the final whack. Though, I've heard a lot about the series, didn't quite want to watch the series. When the screen suddenly went blank towards the end, many people went insane. Started jabbing buttons on their remote control, yelling while panicking and even checking their cable connection to make sure that the screen indeed "went blank". They said -

That was the ending of “The Sopranos”?

That?

The Hilton-going-to-jail saga came to an abrupt end and was aired by news channels throughout the evening. So much for CNN and Larry King and the Daily news channels providing news from across the country US. I think I will stop watching CNN one of these days. Larry even aired interviews and had his typical set of questions - oh well!

Conan O'Brien has a smart way of putting things and mentioned that she was dearly missing her facial cream which left her skin dry - sob sob.

Technology

Apple iPhones are finally to hit the market on the 29th. They've come up with some good promotional ads - see them here.

They've also come up with SAFARI for windows .... mmmmmmm

Also - the new leopard's out there. Trying to conquer time and space.

Sports

Nadal once again proved that he's the best on Clay. Fedex delivery did not reach Roland Garros for the 3rd year in a row. I think the window is now closing for Fedex, if he's not able to life the trophy in the next 2 years, he's done. Deprived of the French Open like so many tennis greats!

Graeme Ford did the right thing by slapping BCCI on its face. He was offered the position of Indian Cricketing coach which he rejected the very next day. The series of embarrassments continue after India's early exit from the WC, this time its the BCCI to blame. They should seriously revisit the terms and conditions they put forward while on a Coach hunt.

Walt Disney announced that they would be acquiring 'Cricinfo'. Tough to digest but they are staring to venture out of their traditional - American football, Baseball, Basket ball & NASCAR.


The All New Leopard

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

Posted by Rajesh @ 6:22 PM; PERMALINK,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 Shouts:

At June 13, 2007 5:42 PM, Blogger Mosilager said...

I stopped watching cnn the moment i landed in the US. I was looking for news and they didn't have any. Luckily I get bbc in the morning these days otherwise the world would be 'perplakistan' to me.

 
At June 14, 2007 3:01 PM, Blogger ammu said...

Thanks for that news digest Skoo (I'm going to call you Skoo from now on... :P )

I've grown to detest CNN...it's like one of those trashy tabloid mags now. Blech!

And....Yay for Nadal again!

To iPhone or not iPhone ...that is the question! Mosi is against it. What say tyou Skoo?

 
At June 14, 2007 4:12 PM, Blogger Rajesh said...

@ Mosilager - Thats so true. Unfortunately I dont get BBC else I'd have loved watching their news n other programs (listen to their radio though).I mean consider this - apart as if the local news channels weren't enough one has to listen to BBC and FOX news. Sometimes I feel "Aaj tak" was so much better.

@ Amrita - Skoo? How, What, When - may I ask? ;-)

I simply love that kid Nadal - I was cheering him up big time. He's so dedicated and pulls out shots that only he can.
iPhone - naah. I concur wish Mosi on hat. Will wait atleast a year till they get all the 'bugs' fixed. Also, by that time we'd all be in a position to answer - "what's the 'catch'" .. I'm sure they'd have zillions of em.

 
At June 15, 2007 4:01 PM, Blogger ammu said...

I dunno...you are such a Skoo though. It just came to me while I was commenting on your blog earlier. :P

"Skoo" Warrier.

hmm that's 2 big strikes against the iPhone then....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home