Site Network: del.icio.us | Technorati |

 

I know the pieces fit 'cause I watched them fall away and I've done the math enuf to know the danger's of a second guessing.


Robert Langdon & Sophie Neveu on the Big Screen

Caught Robert Langdon and Sophie Neveu today at Loews. As expected - a full house the whole day. hmm... now I should be writing something about the movie out here right ? No ... won't go out describing how good it was or was not.

Some points though, it was pretty close to Dan Brown's masterpiece, one of the closest adaptation of a book/novel I've seen. Locations, direction, photography are superb. Silas gives you some excitement once in a while. As one would expect, it is difficult to get to the details in a 2 hour something movie, but Ron has done a pretty good job of highlighting the main points. Details missed - the concept of Phi (the golden ratio)..

I dunno how it would have felt if I hadn't read the book (thrice actually) but enjoyed watching it although I knew the minutest details in the film. My take - Go watch it !!

Archived in: Dan-Brown The-Da-Vinci-Code Movies Hollywood US Films Anagram Tom Hanks

Posted by Rajesh @ 1:40 AM; PERMALINK,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7 Shouts:

At May 21, 2006 10:20 AM, Blogger Mosilager said...

I watched it Friday night... your review is spot on, except I would add that it dragged towards the end... they could have speeded up all the revelations. But then again it was 0200 local time and 0500 for me due to jet lag so maybe I'm wrong.

 
At May 21, 2006 12:25 PM, Blogger Rajesh said...

@ Mosilager - Oh yeah I missed that. When you read the book its different but out there in the theater it looked like a bit dragged.

Lol it was 0200 local time out here too and for me too ;). Btw have u read the book ?

 
At May 21, 2006 2:07 PM, Blogger Mosilager said...

yeah i have... and angels and demons, i liked da vinci code more unlike most people. i haven't read his other books, they are rumoured to be good

 
At May 21, 2006 2:08 PM, Blogger Mosilager said...

lol you didn't have the jet lag problem i changed from eastern to pacific time

 
At May 21, 2006 3:13 PM, Blogger Rajesh said...

@ Mosilager- Same here. Angels and Demons & Da vinci code. Havent read others by Brown. Jet lag - chalta hai ... enjoy CA though ;-)

 
At May 21, 2006 10:18 PM, Blogger ammu said...

Thank God you didnt give details of the movie Rajesh...else I might have driven up to Boston and kicked your a$$!! :P

Yes yes...I still havent watched it :( busy with post graduation celebrations and parental units' visit. So hopefully later this week.

Mosilager, Rajesh: I read DB's "Digital Fortress" and am currently reading "Deception Point"
. The former is good....but not remotely close to the DVC or AD.

(I've missed blogging and my blog roll!)

 
At May 21, 2006 10:51 PM, Blogger Rajesh said...

@ Amrita - Yup. That was intentional didn't want to disclose too much. Spared you a trip to Boston - lol

Yeah heard about "Digital Fortress", am yet to buy it though. DVC is a masterpiece. AD is also superb with the Illuminati stuff.
:D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home