Site Network: del.icio.us | Technorati |

 

I know the pieces fit 'cause I watched them fall away and I've done the math enuf to know the danger's of a second guessing.


Had enough of Bollywood

I dont know when did I decide, but here I was repenting over my decision to watch some Bollywood movies over the WE ; sobbing over those vain attempts by hindustani directors to make the junta happy, making a mockery out there in India and all around the world.
To be frank, I didnot have a choice but nevertheless decided to watch "Dosti" to start with. * ing Bobby Deol, Akshay kumar, Kareena, Lara Dutta, Juhi Chawla etc.... I wish I had a choice. Sat there 2 some hours and the torture was unbearable. Lara looked gorgeous ;-) and probably the only reason to watch another bollywood crap.
Second "Deewane Hue Pagal" another star studded line up. *ing Akshay Kumar, Sunil Shetty, Shahid Kapoor, Rimi Sen, Paresh Rawal etc.... Another one that got on my nerves. All along I kept myself occupied thinking "have these guys stopped producing good movies". Well, not making hopeless movies would be good for a start then, or do we HAVE TO produce 500 some movies a year ?? Whtever ....
Number three "Hungama" - At this point I was dying to see a film to which I wouldn't have to critic, embarassing the director in front of my friends. But the plans for my enjoyment had already been made as I found out that its a remake of a Mallu movie (which was a good one actually) but this one (though from the same Dir.) was aaaarrrgghhhh....
I dont think I've watched a good Bollywood movie 6 months before and after RDB. These are the stats. that kept me away from watching hindi movies and if it goes on then its gonna be Tata Bye-Bye. Heard another friend of mine say that she watched Gangster and it was a good one (but then y me). Another dude changed his taste - started watching tamizh films (to get a break probably).
All this goes on to say the decreasing popularity of Bollywood maybe ? But then I do hear that even though I (or some of my friends) didnt like it, it was a HIT back in India. This is absolutely insane. All it does is prompt us to think - "Are we allright" ??
Sigh ! Eagerly waiting for M:i:III and The Da Vinci Code.
Archived in: Bollywood Hindi Movies India Miss Universe Hollywood The Da Vinci Code Tom Hanks Tom Cruise

Posted by Rajesh @ 8:50 PM; PERMALINK,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Shouts:

At May 02, 2006 1:17 PM, Blogger RPM said...

@rajesh: yea, there is no good movie to watch nowadays. i may go watch Mistress of Spices, just for Ash ;-)

 
At May 02, 2006 7:30 PM, Blogger Rajesh said...

@Rpm - True. Heard 'Gangster' is good though. Ash eh ?? Havent seen her movies lately ...

 
At May 05, 2006 1:31 AM, Blogger RPM said...

@rajesh: yes, can't miss her movies :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home