Site Network: del.icio.us | Technorati |

 

I know the pieces fit 'cause I watched them fall away and I've done the math enuf to know the danger's of a second guessing.


Run, Run, Run, Run

No dude, am not talking about the Pink Floyd 'Run Like Hell' .... this is about -

An event participated by a whopping 22000 athletes - Boston Marathon 17th April 2006.

It was the 110th running of this famed footrace yesterday - 26.2 miles, and participated by 22473 athletes in total (13630 males and 8843 females). Robert Cheruiyot from Kenyawas the winner for the second time (2003 being his previous win) clocking 2:07:14 (h:mm:ss).US runners had their say finally after 1985 claiming 6 of the top 11. But I guess there's a long way to go for them, in a sport dominated by Kenyans and Europeans.

I knew it was pretty nasty out there in the streets when I peeped from the 15th floor office @ the tower. Athletes, supporters, friends and families all gathered on the streets in downown Boston ( supporters and friends were um .. not much ... APPROX. ABOUT 500,000 IN NUMBER ;-) ). And believe me, there were more people on streets than that !!! The usual train station where I alight was closed for the day and many sq. miles of streets were blocked for the event. It got worse on my way back home , it took me 30 minutes for a walk to the next train station that took me ~ 2 minutes in the morning.

And on top of that the Baseball game in the evening - a sell out Boston Red Sox match at Fenway. Whoa !! This is how they celebrate Patriots day out here ;-) !! And why not, the Marathon is the second largest single day sporting event (after Superbowl) in terms of on-site media coverage.

I wont go as much and call myself an athlete but used to take part in 1000 and 5000 m events back in school. Maybe its time to take it a level higher ;-) . What say ?

Archived in: Boston Marathon Pink Floyd Kenya Baseball

Posted by Rajesh @ 10:50 AM; PERMALINK,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Shouts:

At April 18, 2006 1:45 PM, Blogger ammu said...

go go go....run!!

 
At April 18, 2006 3:48 PM, Blogger RPM said...

You did not run??? Come on! :-)

 
At April 18, 2006 5:22 PM, Blogger Rajesh said...

@ Amrita - yeah am running alright, but in a different sense ;-)

@ Rpm - Ahem.. No I did not.Am in no position right now to complete those 26 miles :(. Maybe next year !!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home