Site Network: del.icio.us | Technorati |

 

I know the pieces fit 'cause I watched them fall away and I've done the math enuf to know the danger's of a second guessing.


Je Me Souviens

Okay, am running a day late out here. Had promised that would be back with something to write on Saturday but couldn't. But hey I got some good reasons yeah ? ;-). The memories and the mesmerizing images of the scenic beauty floating in my mind wouldn't just blur away.
The weather was superb and we couldn't have asked more from the weather gods, although we had planned the trip to Canada a while ago. Yes ! The short and sweet trip I indulged myself the past 3-4 days to Ottawa and Montréal was awesome, superb, magnificient to say the least. Each and every synonym that I could find just made sense all of a sudden, as it left us with memories that would last for ever.
Driving from Boston was the best decision we had made before we left and I wasn't sure whether we would be proven wrong. I'm happy that we were because selection of the 2 cities Ottawa and Montréal was the best we came up with. Close to 500 snaps and 'I dont know how many hours of video proves the point, if nothing else.
I'm sure its gonna take me a while to gather all the stuff and put it in black and white, butI'll try my best in the coming days. Lot of things to talk about viz. The Driving, People, Roads, French, Money, Weather, Buildings, The Underground City, Scenic beauties .... and the list goes on.
The one thing I'll remember for ever, and its pretty hillarious too, is how I ended up phasing myself in pronouncing Ottawa (and Hiten,Milan,Riten if you happen to read this - please don't correct me ;-) ...) and that almost all the french I had read until now was in The Da Vinci Code - not anymore :D
Snaps and details coming up ....
Archived in: Driving Canada Ottawa Montreal France The-Da-Vinci-Code

Posted by Rajesh @ 9:55 PM; PERMALINK,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 Shouts:

At April 10, 2006 2:52 AM, Blogger ammu said...

Tres bien!! Looking forward to the pictures...glad you had a blast!

So ..how exaclty is Ottawa pronounced? :P

 
At April 10, 2006 2:21 PM, Blogger Rajesh said...

Lol ... Dunno about you but I didnt know that OTTAWA was pronouced as "awd'wa"

The Punjabi population out there pronounces it as "Ohttawa" though ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home