Site Network: del.icio.us | Technorati |

 

I know the pieces fit 'cause I watched them fall away and I've done the math enuf to know the danger's of a second guessing.


Amazon USPS and Da Vinci Code

I had bought this book from Amazon quite a while ago. As I had read it before, just wanted to own the Special Illustrated Edition of "The Da Vinci Code", had ordered it via the regular shipment which usually takes a week or so.
It had been more than 2 weeks when I realised that I hadn't gotten it delivered. Email the seller to find out that according to the USPS, its already delivered a week ago !!! Take that .. and I'm like .. No I haven't a clue about the order being delivered. The USPS apparently had delivered it and probably someone grabbed it (or stole it in other words).
Good that Amazon have the policy and I got my money refunded alright (though it is yet to show up on my acct), but it sucks. This has been my first bad experience with Amazon and I believe they should make it a point to use a mode of shipment which would require a signature from the customer. And since the books and larger shipments donot fit in the mailboxes, they are left right at the apt. door which then finds its way to someone elses house !!
Sigh ! I have to get it ordered again and probably ask the seller to make it a point to get my signature at the shipment delivery. For now I stay deprived of reading the Illustrated Edition for a week or more ......
Archived in: Da Vinci Code Amazon USPS

Posted by Rajesh @ 11:17 PM; PERMALINK,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 Shouts:

At March 27, 2006 7:12 PM, Blogger ammu said...

ouch...that must have sucked!! Sorry to hear that.

Better luck for the next order..

 
At March 27, 2006 11:06 PM, Blogger Rajesh said...

Yeah it hit me real bad. 2 weeks I waited .. and probably 2 more. That makes it a month !! aarrghhhh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home