Site Network: del.icio.us | Technorati |

 

I know the pieces fit 'cause I watched them fall away and I've done the math enuf to know the danger's of a second guessing.


Tsunami - One Year Later

Dont ask me how or why I landed upon the UNICEF homepage y'day but I found myself browsing through the news articles and pictures of the disaster that hit the Indian Ocean. I did not expect it to be this bad even 1 year after the Tsunami, because the rebuilding process is just beginning. 12 months later, tens of thousands of families are still in temporary camps while the actual rebuilding process has just started moving from the conference rooms and drawing boards to bricks and mortar.
Reading the articles and the slideshows would bring tears in one's eyes. Had tough time even imagining what the survivors had to go through. You can read more about that here ...
It just stays in ur mind and I had tough time getting myself to a comfortable sleep. Well, decided to do something .. atleast contribute something to the relief and rebuild operations going on.
Think about it - $10 can provide an adult hygiene kit containing towels, soap, toothbrush toothpaste, sanitary napkins and all items essential to human health in emergency conditions. Think about where you would spend 10 bucks and I believe one can definitely try to help them out. If you think you can - please do so .. because its a long and tough road ahead for them.
Dossier: UNICEF Tsunami India Maldives Banda Aceh Indonesia donate

Posted by Rajesh @ 7:54 PM; PERMALINK,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Shouts:

Post a Comment

<< Home