Site Network: del.icio.us | Technorati |

 

I know the pieces fit 'cause I watched them fall away and I've done the math enuf to know the danger's of a second guessing.


Friday the 13th

Didn't quite realize and never expected the very first 13 of 2006 to be a Friday. Was chatting with a friend when it stuck both of us, moved the pointer of my HP mouse to the right hand bottom of my screen. There it said - Friday, January 13, 2006. Yes the 13th day of 2006 , today, is a Friday.
Although I am not a paraskavedekatriaphobiac (how the hell do you pronounce it?),but definitely was wondering about the same in the process of trying to get some sleep. You know when something goes thru ur mind, it loses the sound ability to think straight. Overcautious, thats what I was throughout the morning till I reached work.
Took me by surprise when I opened Outlook . Saw the biggest To and CC list I've ever seen (it had to be). Reading the subject line - on the back of my mind a two digit number was hovering around - 13. The mailing list probably included - I don't know how many - employees and it was forwarded to notify us that the staff on the 4th floor of our building would be moved to either the 25th or the 27th floor. I'm like - what on earth just happened. Read the short email again and again to make sure I read it correct.
Yeah ! said one of my colleague I too got that one. She was like "need to find out where I'm gonna be sitting". I was sure now - its the Friday .. oh yeah it is .. sigh !! Would have to leave my desk and move elsewhere now? That sucks .. Friday the 13th had drawn first blood!
Work was horrible with a lot to be completed by the EOD .. barely managed to have lunch. Boy, was I glad to leave my desk in the evening signing on my Bears Poster that I hung at my desk and punching in the air . But then I did get a few stares too 'cause of them Pats fans.
-- May 13 2005 -- Jan 13 2006 -- Oct 13 2006 --
Dossier : Friday 13 Bears Words

Posted by Rajesh @ 6:55 PM; PERMALINK,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Shouts:

At January 14, 2006 12:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

go get some sleep

mynewsbot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home