Site Network: del.icio.us | Technorati |

 

I know the pieces fit 'cause I watched them fall away and I've done the math enuf to know the danger's of a second guessing.


Switch to Flickr ...

I was trying to login to my Yahoo photos account and here's what I see -

I did read a while back that they were trying to close down "Yahoo photos" somewhere in the 3rd quarter this year. Well, there it is - either download them onto your machine or switch to Flickr.

I didn't click on the "Get Started" link on the page and Get Started; thought of giving it some time and find out how easy it is to switch. A friend of mine asked - "How easy do you think it would be? Would we have to go thru the dwnload and then upload process, or would it be a direct switch from Y! to Flickr". Well at least they've got that right; one can skip the download process altogether.

Anyways pretty soon, I'd have to decide whether to use Flickr or Picasa. Both have their own advantages but I think I prefer the Y! product - atleast for now :P

Labels: , , ,

Posted by Rajesh @ 7:48 PM; PERMALINK,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 Shouts:

At August 01, 2007 10:03 PM, Blogger ammu said...

Oh - Flickr all the way!! Even if you don' buy the PRO account - it's just such a better product to use!!
Tagging, integration with maps, camera info, Flickr groups, a funky API, easy to use tools for up/downloading....batch processing of images...

It doesn't get better me thinks...
I'm a total FlickrBug :)

 
At August 02, 2007 6:30 PM, Blogger Rajesh said...

@ Amrita - Yeah I prefer Flickr too. Probably the only tool from Y! that I prefer over the Google equivalent.

The Maps and Sets are kewl :)

 
At August 05, 2007 7:08 AM, Blogger Mosilager said...

Come to flickr... join the light side. Although flickr is weird, I swear I have at least 2 pictures good enough to be on the main explore page... but they never make it there.

 
At August 05, 2007 9:50 AM, Blogger Rajesh said...

@ mosilager - "Share your photos and Watch the World".
hmm - To be on the main explore page maybe you need to put in a different 'Tag', maybe you need X number of users adding the snap to their 'Favs'

Just some thoughts :)

 
At August 10, 2007 9:58 AM, Blogger Mosilager said...

yeah... maybe i just have to do that... probably i just have to take better pictures :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home