Site Network: del.icio.us | Technorati |

 

I know the pieces fit 'cause I watched them fall away and I've done the math enuf to know the danger's of a second guessing.


Don't Clutter, Buy a Mac


Yes. Its all up there right in front of you. Apple released the latest version of their Mac today - a new Keyboard as thin as a cardboard, glass monitors. The HDD, CD/DVD drives, USB ports, firewire ports, jack for speakers/headphones, built in camera, microphone - everything's there in the pic you see above.

The standard version of Mac includes the following -
  • 1 Gig memory (SDRAM)
  • Whopping 250 Gig - Hard Drive
  • 2.0 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo processor
  • 8x DVD, CD +RW
  • 20" widescreen LCD
Whoa !!

And if you get their bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse, you'd have just one power cord - the one that plugs in your monitor/CPU wink

pic from apple.com

Labels: , ,

Posted by Rajesh @ 6:34 PM; PERMALINK,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

15 Shouts:

At August 08, 2007 7:49 AM, Blogger D for Dawn said...

Do tell us mere mortals the price too. :P

 
At August 08, 2007 10:46 AM, Blogger ammu said...

that's just sick....

 
At August 08, 2007 11:34 AM, Blogger Rajesh said...

@ d for dawn - hey its not that costly (close to 1000 buks). For what you are getting - I think its worth the price :)

@ amrita - I admire their marketing folks. Apple market cap is up to 15% already ;-)

 
At August 09, 2007 7:52 PM, Blogger RPM said...

@rajesh: And don't forget the software that comes with it. I have only downloaded Quicksilver and Firefox and living a great life with the earlier iMac.

iLife is taking care of all my "media management" needs ... did you see the new iLife? I am going to get that!! :-)

 
At August 10, 2007 10:19 AM, Blogger Rajesh said...

@usc trojan - I saqw their iLife demo online. What can I say !!! Its the best thing that they could do, creating and editing clips are so easy and the output is amazing. You really feel satisfied.:)

As far as installations go - I have Firefix and YM. Thats it ... infac just created an hour long movie yesterday within 3 hours (if it weren't for the mini DV it would have been much faster) .. but boy am I loving my Mac ;-)

 
At August 10, 2007 12:57 PM, Blogger RPM said...

@rajesh: Why do you say if it not for the miniDV it would have been faster?

I am thinking of dumping my miniDVD camcorder and get a miniDV camcorder because apparently you can simply bring in the footage from miniDV camcorder directly into iMovie.

Or was it a typo and you meant miniDVD instead of miniDV?

 
At August 10, 2007 9:13 PM, Blogger Rajesh said...

@ usc trojan - I said so 'cause to import the contents from your MiniDV (cassette) you have to playback the whole video. If it were a HDD camera, you could easily drag and drop the clips onto iMovie.

After the import process is complete from a MiniDV camcorder - iMovie does an Indexing which again takes some time ;-) Now if it were a camera having HDD it would have been easier.

So I think you are better off buying a camcorder having HDD and not one that uses MiniDV (you could really save an hour or so depending on how long the contents are) :)

hth

 
At August 11, 2007 12:03 AM, Blogger RPM said...

@rajesh: Oh that's interesting. Even though its "digital video", I cannot scan it and capture only a part of the video? That sucks.

Well, I just bought the iLife '08 package and will try miniDVD first and see if it helps any.

HDD camcorders are a little scary. What happens if you are on a trip and the HDD is full and you don't have a laptop to download the contents to?

 
At August 11, 2007 9:27 AM, Blogger Rajesh said...

@ usc trojan - You can very well scan and capture a part of the video. But if you need to transfer the whole content from your cassette to Mac, you would need to playback the whole 60 minutes or so. If it were an HDD it would have been easier - thats all :)

Hmm ... if you run out of space, you'd have to transfer it to your Mac/Pc but the thing is - you won't run out of space that often. I checked out a few Sony HDD ones and they have upto 40GB storage ~ 9,14 or 27 hours of recording depending on the mode you select :)

 
At August 12, 2007 12:49 AM, Blogger RPM said...

@rajesh: oh wow! I did not realize it is that big ... anyway, I would advise you to check how "compatible" HDD camcorders are with macs before buying one :-)

I think I'll get the miniDV one for now :-)

 
At August 12, 2007 12:46 PM, Blogger Rajesh said...

@ usc trojan - yeah they are pretty decent. The iLife demo that they have shows its compatible. But I'd wait too. :)

How's the new iLife btw ?

 
At August 12, 2007 1:17 PM, Blogger RPM said...

@rajesh: I bought the new iLife for the new iMovie "library", the new iWeb and to see what's the deal with the new iPhoto.

One thing that disappointed me with the advertised "personal domains" feature of iWeb was that the "personal domains" only means you can redirect your personal domain to your .mac website. That's a bummer. I thought iWeb will let you publish to a non-.mac website. But I guess I'll continue with publish to folder and FTP :-)

The new iMovie - I am still to use it.

The new "events" feature of iPhoto - still to understand its worth :-)

 
At August 13, 2007 9:40 PM, Blogger Rajesh said...

@ usc trojan - the new iLife is kewl - atleast the iMovie is easier to handle. Probably some new themes too right ? The only thing is that the iMovies occupy lot of space so you are better off ripping DVDs and storing movies in them ?

The events feature is kewl - I think it works pretty much like a folder and helps organize snaps in an uncluttered fashion.

iWeb - hmm .. that sounds a bit uncomfy. That way you can't do anything without a .Mac account ... hmmmm

Overall I think its a good deal. I might upgrade next year or later this year after I get Leopard :D

 
At August 16, 2007 3:28 PM, Blogger D for Dawn said...

oh boy - those comments are really long and they just keep coming! :D

 
At August 17, 2007 7:43 AM, Blogger Rajesh said...

@ d for dawn - :D, hop in !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home