Site Network: del.icio.us | Technorati |

 

I know the pieces fit 'cause I watched them fall away and I've done the math enuf to know the danger's of a second guessing.


SIFY Broadband Sucks

They claim that they have the best connectivity in the city but a SIFY broadband connection is nothing but the worst. I pray everyday before attempting to make a connection just so that I am able to get connected to the www world. Although it has been only less than a week since I've started using it, I already have found a broken connection and was internetless for 2 days.
The 256 kbps connection that we have, gets disconnected frequently and even the network connection is broken some time. I think they have been impressed by Murphy's Law, like whenever I need to use it urgent - voila its down. Had to call the customer rep. twice to report the issue.
Mind you the CReps are of no use, all they say is that it would be resolved in 24 hours. Are you kidding me ? 24 hours in a city like Mumbai ? And then they say that its 'cause of the heavy rains yesterday night. I say Good !!! Heavy rains means no connectivity for the whole week.
Sigh! I dont know how they plan to go forward when its gonna get crazy soon with broadband connections becoming common in a year or two. BSNL offers a better service I heard but then am yet to try that. If this thing continues, I bet I would have to switch over.
Or is it 'cause things in India dont work if you dont start screaming on top of your voice and tell them that you are discontinuing the service? I think so ... the very moment I tell that, they start framing up answers and start rolling the dice ... "Woh Engineer nikala hai Sir kuch hi der pehele. Ek Do Ghante mein thik ho jaayega" ( The engineer has left to resolve the issue. It should get resolved in 1-2 hours time).
I have been obliged with a better connectivity after that (knock on the wood) and hope I dont find it to be the same as I found out coupla days ago. Disconnected automatically at 1:00 AM. Whom do I call then right ?
Archived in : WWW Internet Sify Mumbai BSNL broadband

Posted by Rajesh @ 2:22 PM; PERMALINK,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7 Shouts:

At September 20, 2006 7:08 PM, Blogger Mosilager said...

and was it fixed in 1-2 hours?

 
At September 21, 2006 2:06 AM, Blogger RPM said...

What about TriBand?

 
At September 21, 2006 3:19 PM, Blogger Rajesh said...

@ Mosilager - Yeah. The 2nd day .. a shout on top of the voice and they worked it out in ~ 3 hours.

@ Rpm - I havent heard any good about them. MTNl is so so too. BSNL is the best among them all ...

 
At September 22, 2006 3:41 AM, Blogger D for Dawn said...

@rajesh - Hey I tried the BSNL thingy at home in Kerala and it is really good. No issues with speed or connection.
Just ended up with a whopping 6k bill coz I was on it almost 24 hrs for 3 weeks :D
The curse of a good net connection I guess ;)

 
At September 22, 2006 9:56 AM, Blogger ammu said...

Being internetless sucks....ask me!??!!!

Anyway, broadband in India is still quite sketchy in many places....be happy that yours is working (for now!)

I owe you an email....

 
At September 22, 2006 12:19 PM, Blogger Ammu said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At September 22, 2006 12:41 PM, Blogger Rajesh said...

@ Durga - I know, heard that BSNL is pretty decent. But yeah .. its costly. oops ...6K ?

@ Amrita - Sucks ...true. Mainly 'cause we're not used to it. But I guess its okay if you get used to it :P. And its working fine now .. so no complaints

@ Dhanya - Yeah had to get it working. I'd go nuts else ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home