Site Network: del.icio.us | Technorati |

 

I know the pieces fit 'cause I watched them fall away and I've done the math enuf to know the danger's of a second guessing.


Coke Cracked and Pepsi too

A tough decision, but an expected one. It might have come as a surprise for many and if I tell my colleagues that Coke and Pepsi have been banned in Kerala, they would ridicule me.

Ruling LDF(Left Democratic Front) attributed the ban to a recent finding about the hazardous content of these aerated drinks - hazardous in the sense that it contained Pesticides !!!!!!! Cola giants had earlier faced pesticide row three years ago and they were asked to reveal their ingredients. Samples collected reveal levels are 24 times higher than the agreed limits.

So I guess this is what it contains -
Carbonated Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Caramel Color, Phosphoroc Acid, Natural Flavors, Caffeine and Pesticide.

I wonder what would I do if I visit Kerala. But, I'm not a member of the aerated drink fan club so it should be a problem I guess. Switch to Coconut water guys !!!!!

And I think its high time they put an end to it. Ban Coke - the other one too ;)

Archived in: Coca Cola Pepsi Kerala India Drink Coke

Posted by Rajesh @ 10:45 PM; PERMALINK,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 Shouts:

At August 10, 2006 5:39 AM, Blogger Mr. Hyde said...

I was led to believe that it also "secretly" contains Ethylene Glycol. A carcinogen that prevents the stuff from freezing at low temperatures. FYI ethylene glycol is used by many petro plants as a coolant... ;-)

 
At August 10, 2006 5:41 AM, Blogger Mr. Hyde said...

oh and also heard that the soda ban was gonna affect the FDI flow into india...

 
At August 10, 2006 9:04 AM, Blogger ammu said...

Jeez...this pesticide debate's been going on since 6-7 years now. I'm kinda glad they banned it in Kerala...if they cant guarantee the safety...might as well choose to not poison the public.

And I hear ya...while in Kerala...why bother with Pepsi and the other one....(;) ) ...just switch to coconut water! yummmmyyyy....

 
At August 10, 2006 10:51 AM, Blogger Rajesh said...

@ ParaG - Yeah I completely forgot about that. Its true they have ppb of Ethylene Glycol too which, as u said, is Carcinogenic .. Car Car Car Cino Cino Genic - ;-)

In fact "if you manage to drink about 4 litres of Coke within an hour or so, you can die." !!

@ Amrita - It has been and I know in Kerala it comes up every once ina while with those Union Strikes in Botling Plants n stuff.

he he Coconut Water is bliss ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home