Site Network: del.icio.us | Technorati |

 

I know the pieces fit 'cause I watched them fall away and I've done the math enuf to know the danger's of a second guessing.


Lost and Found Dept.

Yet another shipment lost. Where you may ask ? Dunno, but after ordering an upgrade on my cell ph. last week I kept waiting for it to be delivered. Call them up after 4 days to find that "it has already been delivered". Are you kidding me ? That's precisely what I asked them.
Has happened before though; the first time - my "The Da Vinci Code - Illustrated Edition" was lost. Had it refunded and reordered from Amazon, same deal this time too. Both USPS and UPS have this problem I believe. Signature confirmation starts at $1.35 (which is a bit expensive) so most of them decide not to avail this facility.
They dont learn from their mistakes either. I specifically asked them to get my signature the second time, but who cares; found it lying just outside the front door - waiting for someone to stop by and grab it.
Sigh! Last time the wait was 2 weeks but luckily it was 2 days this time round.
Archived in: UPS USPS Amazon Da Vinci Code

Posted by Rajesh @ 10:10 AM; PERMALINK,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10 Shouts:

At August 05, 2006 9:52 PM, Blogger RPM said...

@rajesh: I have always had amazon shipments that require signature confirmation. Strange that you got it without signature confirmation.

 
At August 06, 2006 12:54 AM, Blogger Rajesh said...

@ Rpm - This was from the Cell phone Co. From Amazon I agree I specifically ask them to get my signature.

And after it was lost this time though, I asked the customer rep specifically for a "signature on delivery" option - still they didnt get me one ... strange

 
At August 07, 2006 7:38 AM, Blogger ammu said...

That sucks. Maybe the USPS delivery guys in your area are very negligent.

 
At August 07, 2006 3:41 PM, Blogger Rajesh said...

@ Amrita - Either that or they are grabbin stuff for themselves. Who knows ..

 
At August 07, 2006 7:33 PM, Blogger Mr. Hyde said...

let me contribute something to that... i had an overnite delivery scheduled... apparently it was delivered to my apt and signed by some named "buck"!!! to this day i have no clue where the package went... and this was UPS overnite... the freaking thing cost more thatn 20 bucks... i wanted to sue their butt off... trust me, if an overnight package disappears what else is safe???

 
At August 07, 2006 9:40 PM, Blogger Rajesh said...

@ Parag - I know ... its wierd and I dont think they find out what happens or where do these packages land finally.

Both USPS and UPS have misplaced my shipment. But Overnight package getting lost is something!!

Get hold of Buck - he'd definitely have the latest Gadgets ;)

 
At August 08, 2006 10:40 PM, Blogger Mosilager said...

i had the same problem with ups 3 times with a 1gb SD card! eventually those guys figured out that they were delivering it to the wrong address.

 
At August 09, 2006 10:46 AM, Blogger Rajesh said...

@ Mosilager - Thats funny. Too much of automation maybe. They should learn from those dabbawaalas - what say? ;)

 
At August 10, 2006 8:25 AM, Blogger Mosilager said...

those dabbawalas are amazing. i think they are studied at management schools in the U.S.

 
At August 10, 2006 10:44 AM, Blogger Rajesh said...

@ Mosilager- Yes. I think its Harvard. And Stats show that its 1 mistake in 16 Million deliveries. Geez !!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home