Site Network: del.icio.us | Technorati |

 

I know the pieces fit 'cause I watched them fall away and I've done the math enuf to know the danger's of a second guessing.


Dysfunctional Mouse

So all of a sudden today I find that the desktop mouse is not working anymore. No warning no nothing ... I mean one moment its responding the next moment its not. Done a thousand troubleshooting, went to numerous sites but havent been successful in resolving the issue. Luckily the Keyboard is still functional and I can continue with most of my activity on the M/C. They used to call me a keyboard-freak and I guess its been put to test.

Got to get a new one tomorrow and try it out I guess. Here's what I've tried so far -

Update the driver.
Uninstall the driver and let Windows install it on a re-boot.
Boot in safe mode and check if its detected - Nup :(

Any ideas/insights anyone ??

Archived in: Computer PC Microsoft

Posted by Rajesh @ 9:50 PM; PERMALINK,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 Shouts:

At July 28, 2006 8:14 AM, Blogger Mosilager said...

sounds like a hardware problem not a software one.

 
At July 28, 2006 11:48 AM, Blogger Rajesh said...

@ Mosilager - Yeah, thanks. I need to get a new one today and check out.

 
At July 31, 2006 3:55 AM, Blogger Intruder said...

is it working now?
else Clean its balls .. oops ball !

 
At July 31, 2006 11:27 AM, Blogger Rajesh said...

@ Intruder - I did clean the ball. Turned out that it was something else - probably the port. Had to get a new one :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home