Site Network: del.icio.us | Technorati |

 

I know the pieces fit 'cause I watched them fall away and I've done the math enuf to know the danger's of a second guessing.


Those Polyphonic Ringtones

Early morning nemesis - wake up calls. No these are not the wake up calls that we used to give during the undergrad days [ragging if you may call it]. Is it Sonu Nigam's voice that I hear ... wait a minute ... Oh yeah thats right its Milans cell phone ring tone. But early morning at this time ... aah its the alarm. What a deal ... "your's truly" singing Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna to wake you up - take that !!

This is a common sight now-a-days, with the latest cell phone technology, you can get hooked to your fav. ring tone with ease. These polyphonic ringtones can be downloaded from the net at ease and one can find the craziest music out there. All of a sudden if you hear a popular music, song or a tune on the bus, train or anywhere in the open, dont be surprised. Its the cellphone of a passenger making noise. He probably found the piece of art so soothing that he's got it hooked up in all possible formats on his cell.

No wonder I hear them at work too. I used to think that a colleague could be testing his new speakers but found out the other day that it was his damn cell making helluva noise. Sigh ... at work ?? I mean can't they switch on the silent mode? Do I really care if you are fond of Backstreet boys or Bon Jovi or Bhangra or Rap music for that matter? But no it aint gonna work that way. He's gotta say "Oops thats my cell phone. Sorry about that guys" ..... Oh Puhleese ...

While I was in Chicago I used to know this big fat Afro-American chap. By Fat I mean Huugee .. like Orcas fat. It would be easier for him to mention his weight in quintals (like 2.5 or ~ 3 why scare others by saying 200 or 300 instead yeah?) So anyways, this guy somehow got hold of a new cell phone. Probably changed his plans or whatever. Asks me what should I use as a ringtone. I say that whatever you have right now is kewl and there aint no need to change it. I didnt think it would be that difficult to make him understand. He switches on the radio and tunes to some freaking Rap station. As soon as he hears the latest and greatest hit, records that and dumps it into his handset. All I could hear was "you know wadam sayin" and "mo**** f*****" and all that crap. He says this is it and I'm like ... are you serious ?

So needless to say - many of you would be using a polyphonic, midi, mp3 and/or other formats. I dont understand the need or where does this urge come from. All I care is probably to know that someone's giving me a ring and I dont think I need Mr.Nigam or Eminem or Yesudas to sing a song to let me know. Technology - thats what they call it. Technology thats associated with trendy teens wanting to show off their latest ringtone everytime their cell phone rings.

The Balloon has burst and now its making a huge noise :D

Archived in: Technology Cellphone Ringtone Nokia Tmobile Verizon Motorola Chicago Mp3 Radio Kank

Posted by Rajesh @ 1:15 AM; PERMALINK,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 Shouts:

At July 31, 2006 1:13 AM, Blogger ammu said...

Ouch! Someone's pissed off :P

I'm not a big fan of the polyphonic generation either. And Sonu Nigam is an absolute no-no!!

What can you do eh? The MTV generation takes on new gimics.

 
At July 31, 2006 11:29 AM, Blogger Rajesh said...

@ Amrita - Not pissed off actually, its just that I hate those funky tunes like anything ;)

Yup. Nothing much could be done about it though.

 
At August 02, 2006 5:12 PM, Blogger Mosilager said...

i used to have 'kajra re' but now i have 'chookar mere man ko'... although it's not mp3 ringtones, it's the polyphonic note thingi... some of my friends have an actual phone ring, like back in the rotary dial days... maybe i'll try that out next. the songs don't bother me at all.

 
At August 02, 2006 8:51 PM, Blogger Rajesh said...

@ Mosilager - I can do with the "non Mp3" stuff but an actual Song ?? that drives me mad.

Tha actual phone ring u said is kewl too have heard it. :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home