Site Network: del.icio.us | Technorati |

 

I know the pieces fit 'cause I watched them fall away and I've done the math enuf to know the danger's of a second guessing.


Increased Entropy - Reading

Must admit that never in my life have I had this great enthu to flip the pages over and read through the 1000s of lines of text contained in books. That I am not able to read in between the lines is a different issue altogether ;). All thanks to couple of individuals the Windman (Windy) and an Elf.
Its turning out to be a fun ride. Feel like I've been in the shoes of all kinds of humans (and animals too), read through their experiences in life and pondered over some strange and dangerous facts and stats.
I've learnt a lot about Robert Langdon; in fact the other day was thinking of meeting him @ Harvard :P. Then Chetan Bhagat took me for a ride through a student campus where I met Ryan, Alok, Neha and Hari. Akio Morita had so much to say so much of good stuff and how to approach life. It was very hot out there in the desert but that didnt stop me from believing in a Personal Legend. Arundhuti then made me feel like I was sitting in one of those villages in Kerala (very similar the one where I hail from) and of course when I finished reading it , It was still 10 past 10 in my watch ;-)
The latest one though stands out. Pi Patel and Richard Parker struggle it out in the Life of Pi, thats all I can say.
Anyways here the list. Definitely I'm missing a lot and would love to add some to this list. What are you reading right now ? Any suggestions on what could be added out here ? :D
The Da Vinci Code
Angels And Demons
Five Point Someone
The God Of Small Things
Surely You're Joking Mr. Feynman
The Little World of Don Camillo
To Kill A Mocking Bird
The Alchemist
Made In Japan
Who Moved My Cheese
The Areas Of Expertise
The Life Of Pi
Archived in: Books English Dan Brown The Da Vinci Code Amazon Kerala

Posted by Rajesh @ 11:10 AM; PERMALINK,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8 Shouts:

At August 13, 2006 1:34 PM, Blogger Mosilager said...

The great indian novel by Shashi Tharoor

The hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy (all four parts) by Douglas Adams

Midnight's children by Salman Rushdie

Among the believers: an islamic journey / Beyond belief by VS Naipaul

 
At August 14, 2006 7:49 PM, Blogger Rajesh said...

@ Mosilager - Hey thanks. That was a good list, am onto amazon.com :)

 
At August 14, 2006 10:41 PM, Blogger Mosilager said...

you're welcome... I read at least one book a week since I was about 8 till I was 21 so... any time you want more let me know. Oh i forgot - island of blood by Anita Pratap if you can find it anywhere. And A suitable boy by Vikram Seth.

 
At August 15, 2006 12:27 PM, Blogger Rajesh said...

@ Mosilager - Thanks again !! You would have a huggee list then. :)

 
At August 18, 2006 12:54 AM, Blogger Soumya said...

The Kite Runner - Khalid Husseini is one real good book too!

 
At August 18, 2006 7:19 PM, Blogger Rajesh said...

@ Soumya - hey thanks. Added to the list :)

 
At August 23, 2006 11:53 PM, Blogger The Visitor said...

Thanks for dropping by! :)
The books on your list (except the last four) are my favourites too.

If you like children's books and have a childs mind:
Brer Rabbit series - Enid Blyton
Six Bad Boys - Enid Blyton

If you have a liking for funny stuff
Any PG wodehouse

 
At August 24, 2006 1:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

@ The Visitor - Oh yeah used to read Enid Blyton but that was like 7-10 years back I guess. Haven't read the "PG wodehouse" series .. coming up :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home