Site Network: del.icio.us | Technorati |

 

I know the pieces fit 'cause I watched them fall away and I've done the math enuf to know the danger's of a second guessing.


A Stranger

There are times when you find yourself at a juncture where an unknown force takes over your predetermined notions. Something which you never expected would be explicit. I tell you , I did never think that would be here writing this stuff 10 mins before, but find myself somehow getting into the act.

This time I blame myself for my stupidity. Knowing what was going to hit me, I still agreed to get myself down and watch this Bollywood movie which I wish I hadn't.

I am not a Hindi movie hater or something but after watching this happen again and again , can't live with this gulit of what we are capable of and why we remain a land of underachievers. I mean, for the amount of talent and creativity we have, it is Sad that we still end up copying stuff from Hollywood counterparts. I detest our Moviemakers' option of earning quick bucks or investing $$ on someone elses idea.

Every freaking Hindi Cinema in the 20th Century (most of them) is just a CtrlC + CtrlV of a Hollywood one. Looking at the past, there have been quite a few instances where many have tried to detach themselves .. but in Vain. 1 or 2 films at the max then there's no option left for them but to sign Miss Indias and topless Heros and mix Indian Army stunts and Army brain on hollywood streets.

For gods sake ... why on earth can't we persist some of our own Ideas. Its very easy to get distracted and I believe that's what's been happening to most of our Hindi Films. I luv the way Russell Peters portrays a typical Hindi Movie where the Hero plants a tree out of no-where and sings along with his Heroine. Now-a-days its just a saga of the Hero fighting it out alone. Then when you expect the least, the Director adds a Song Item - at the precise point where his Hollywood counterpart has a shooting sequence.

The Hero, now carrying all sorts of Guns and about 20 lbs of RDX .. is shown smoking a Fag and walking in Slow-motion from the fresh Blast that he was responsible for. He now has 10 times the work to do as opposed to an English movie where bang bang bang .. its all done. Here, in Bollywood it gets to a stage where they end up using the same Life Support System @ the hospital which was used in the very freaking "Mother India" movie. One - because the Producer finds it cheaper to use the same stuff. and Two the Hero cannot Die. He is like this immortal 5 foot ... some human for whom matrix stunts are childs play !!

Every now and then he reminds his GF of the above mentioned 20 Lbs of RDX and what he can/cannot do with that. If only he had this Helicopter which could fly or a Boat that could chase the Bad and the Ugly asea. aarrrghhhhhh ...

In the end Denzel Washington gets tuns of appraisal for his performance while Big B ends up acting in just another Jack*** remake - degrading his talent and gaining maybe 10 whistles in some theater in a Bihar Village! Oh not to forget his son small B walking in slowmotion (as always) wearing Ray Ban 'again' as if he grows them in his backyard... The Director/Producer on the other hand is all smiles ... "dekho 1 billion logon ko ullu banaya" me being one of them ...

I was a Man On Fire .. but then I met A Stranger ..... Sigh !! When will this end ?

Archived in: Bollywood Hindi Movies India Films Amitabh Bachchan Denzel Washington Hollywood

Posted by Rajesh @ 12:14 AM; PERMALINK,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 Shouts:

At July 01, 2006 9:25 AM, Blogger Mosilager said...

so you mean that krrish is no superman... so sad. maybe chacha chaudhary and sabu could do a movie

 
At July 01, 2006 11:59 AM, Blogger Rajesh said...

@ mosilager - Krrish looks like a genuine one. The one I had to see was a xerox copy.

Hey the Chacha Chaudhary/Sabu one would definitely be a hit :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home