Site Network: del.icio.us | Technorati |

 

I know the pieces fit 'cause I watched them fall away and I've done the math enuf to know the danger's of a second guessing.


The importance of MUTE while watching world cup matches

I admit that the button I use least on my TV remote is the MUTE Button - Just Once. And I do that when I start listening to the senseless commentary by american commentators. No hard feelings but you guys aren't doing a good job and it doesnt make things easier when the comments are always PRO - USA even if they are not playing.

So, early morning game Ghana vs Czec, it started with these 2 guys talking about the importance of the game because US had lost to Czec, and how a Ghana win would improve their chances. I was flabbergasted by the stoopid comments that they were able to come up with. They were more happy than the Ghanaians, I bet they would be dancing up and down in the studio after the match (b/c Ghana won). They say that if the african nation can do it - so can the States. I mean come on dude, if A does something B can also do that ???

Lack of knowledge --

Any match you watch - the topic of US and its performance in the worldcup and stuff is brought up. I mean why ? No, frankly - do I f$$$ing care ? Agreed that in games like cricket we do hear the same but then we also have someone from the other team and guys from other parts of the world giving their analysis. Out here its always USA USA USA ...

Ha funny, a friend tells me that the 1-2 tackle attempted in the soccer field the other day was compared with what is done against Shaq in NBA !!! Ya take that .. and then a comparison with baseball. Can you listen to stuff like Totti or Gerrard being compared with some NYY player or Heats players for that matter ~ sigh!!

As it is, I am not able to watch the games on week-days. On week-ends the 4-5 matches, with this blah blah blah going on ... gets on the nerves. But gotta tolerate this in many more matches to come. I hope that States dont reach the 2nd round. Atleast they would learn to talk something !!

Archived in : Soccer World Cup Germany Italy US Argentina Portugal Ghana Commentary NBA Baseball

Posted by Rajesh @ 6:21 PM; PERMALINK,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 Shouts:

At June 18, 2006 1:46 PM, Blogger Mosilager said...

they just mentioned that again! apparently whoever hit shaq got suspended for a game (like red card) so based on that the commentators were saying that de rossi should be suspended for life for his foul on mcbride... what!!!!

 
At June 18, 2006 8:59 PM, Blogger Rajesh said...

@ mosilager - I know, I saw the games today and it was the Red card again and again and again. Also heard that the made a patch up after the game, whatever I now know the stats for the US to get into the second round - by heart ... :D

 
At June 20, 2006 1:20 AM, Blogger nii adom said...

Yeah, i was so mad when they called the deflection a rebound. I don't know if you guys have Spanish TV down east but on the west coast - its the way to go. The spanish TV coverage doesn't have the 5 second delay you see on ESPN2 and I bet their commentary will be a lot more sensible. I won't know cuz i don't speak spanish but it will be better than having to listen to the american commentators.

 
At June 20, 2006 9:02 AM, Blogger Rajesh said...

@ nii adom - I do have the spanish channel "TeleFutura" I think ... tried lisening to that the other day. I think I might have scared my neighbors when he screamed ggoooooaaaaalllll !!! lol and not once ;)

Same here - don't understand Spanish but going forward I guess would have to opt for that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home