Site Network: del.icio.us | Technorati |

 

I know the pieces fit 'cause I watched them fall away and I've done the math enuf to know the danger's of a second guessing.


The Doors ...

I found myself adding all the songs from "The Doors" to my winamp playlist today, after reaching home. Dont ask me how or why but was surprised myself, I would have expected some Floyd or Led Zep or Tool for that matter. Nevertheless we both had to agree and I got a nod from my upstairs . Jim Morrison eh ? I said to myself. One of the best rock bands at that time, "The Doors" rocked !! Although he succumbed to an unexpected death, the saga of 'I dont know how-many' Rockstars, the 27 year old had achieved a lot in his 6 year stint.
I've made a dossier of a few big shots who succumbed to similar fate :
read as : Name - Band - Age - Date - Cause
John Bonham :: Led Zeppelin :: 32 :: 25/9/80 :: Alcohol overdose
Cliff Burton :: Metallica :: 25 :: 27-9/87 :: Traffic accident
Karen Carpenter :: Carpenters :: 33 :: 02/04/83 :: Anorexia
Steve Clark :: Def Leppard :: 30 :: 01/08/80 :: Alcohol
Kurt Cobain :: Nirvana :: 27 :: 04/05/94 :: Suicide
Jerry Garcia :: Grateful Dead :: 08/09/95 :: Heart attack
Shannon Hoon :: Blind Melon :: 28 :: 10/21/95 :: Drug Overdose
Michael Hutchence :: INXS :: 37 :: 11/22/97 :: Suicide
Brian Jones :: Rolling Stones :: 27 :: 07/03/69 :: Drowned
John Lennon :: Beatles :: 40 :: 12/08/80 :: Murdered
Jonathan Melvoin :: Smashing Pumpkins :: 34 :: 11/07/96 :: Drug overdose
Freddie Mercury :: Queen :: 45 :: 11/24/91 :: AIDS
Jim Morisson :: Doors :: 27 :: 07/03/71 :: Heart attack
Bon Scott :: AC/DC :: 33 :: 02/19/80 :: Alcohol
Songs of the day: Break on Through (to the other side), Love me two times, Hello I Love You, Roadhouse Blues ... all by The doors
Archived in : Rock Music Metal Nirvana The Doors Metallica Drug Overdose Alcohol

Posted by Rajesh @ 8:47 PM; PERMALINK,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Shouts:

At February 14, 2006 8:41 AM, Blogger RPM said...

Riders, People are strange, LA Woman?

 
At February 14, 2006 9:33 AM, Blogger ammu said...

Ha! it's funny you should post this list...I was compiling such a list in my mind just a day or so ago...

Yeah....I've never been into The Doors. I'm too caught up with too many other bands as of now. Too much music....too little time!! *sigh*

 
At February 14, 2006 6:11 PM, Blogger Rajesh said...

@ Rpm - Riders and LA woman are cool too. 'Riders on the Storm' has been "re-mixed" by Snoop Dogg and is the backgroud music for NFS-Underground. I can't believe this but it sux.

@ Amrita - yeah I have been thinking of compiling this for quite some time now, after seeing a Kurt Cobain prog. on VH1 the other day, esp. But its true that one can never find enuf time for music !!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home