Site Network: del.icio.us | Technorati |

 

I know the pieces fit 'cause I watched them fall away and I've done the math enuf to know the danger's of a second guessing.


Procrastination .. for good

Procrastinate
Pronounciation: pr&-'kras-t&-"nAt
Function: Verb
Meaning: to put off intentionally the doing of something that should be done.

Yes. It was intentional. Although I had no intention what-so-ever 2 weeks back when I started reading the book. Book or a Novel whatever you may call it, I call it "The Da Vinci Code". Was surprised by my reading speed the other day and it stuck me that @ this rate I would be done in 4-5 days, although I read it only on my way to work and back home in the evening.
But then I realised hmm what next? Finish this interesting and superb piece and you're done. The next thing I know, had ordered another one "Angels and Demons - Dan Brown" from Amazon. This has happened to me before, I mean getting so involved that I get it done pretty soon - then nothing for a week!
This time it was not meant to be. I was procrastinating by going thru each chapter cruising all along ... one by one as I read going thru each line with utmost concentration (so much so that missed my stop one day .. duh!) and understanding and new words I came across - so that I could time it just before the arrival of the Angels and Deamons. See Procrastination aint bad always :) or so I tell myself lets see ... got to the last chapter today and now I fear with the week-end approaching it might not be until Monday that I get the shipping from Amazon (dont understand why they delay the delivery so much).
O, Draconion devil !
Oh, lame saint !

Archived in: Books The Da Vinci Code Procrastination Amazon Dan Brown Shipping

Posted by Rajesh @ 10:35 PM; PERMALINK,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 Shouts:

At January 27, 2006 8:38 AM, Blogger ammu said...

forget procrastination....that book is soooo good...I could never put it down!!

But you'll find Angels and Demons the same way though!!

I also bought Angels and Demons while reading Da Vinci...loved it that much. Then I bought the illustrated version of Da Vinci...so you can see how much I love the book ! ha! :) enjoy the last chapter!

 
At January 27, 2006 2:53 PM, Blogger Rajesh said...

Yea its true, but ALAS got it done today. Dont know what needs to be done till I get hold of the 2nd one. Maybe go over it again ( the anagrams and PHI maybe ;-) )

You are right though, damn interesting. The illustrated version eh ? hmmm

 
At February 01, 2006 8:41 AM, Blogger Sreeram R Warrier said...

Hmm, "The Da Vinci Code" was truly a gripping work. He must be a scholar in Christianity and other related things...

I tried a lot to find one..
But no loopholes at all.
Did u see any??? ;)

But the ending was a bit... wat to say...hmm!!

 
At February 01, 2006 7:46 PM, Blogger Rajesh said...

@ Sree - Welcome back !! hmm yeah gripping indeed.

Loopholes - didnt find any. He would have done his homework/research well !!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home