Site Network: del.icio.us | Technorati |

 

I know the pieces fit 'cause I watched them fall away and I've done the math enuf to know the danger's of a second guessing.


Let there be Peace on earth

It came as a surprise to me, it really did. Early morning yesterday I was getting my daily dose of News when I read that the Nobel Peace prize this year was being awarded to the UN Climate change panel and Al Gore.


The selection committee probably did not receive any nominations this year, 'cause nothing else could explain their selection. First of all i'm having tough time understanding what Global warming (or creating environmental awareness) has got to do with peace. Some might say - Of course there is but I don't buy that. I mean if they wanted they could have given Gore an environmentalist award or something but Peace prize ?? What a farce.


If you see there are quite a lot of folks around the world who devote their entire life for the cause and should be recognized (The prize is more of a recognition than the $$ amount you get). And if we talk about the work this guy has done (making a documentary - An Inconvenient Truth) - that itself has got so many inaccuracies.


Searching the 'net' I found quite a lot of articles written in the last couple of days on the topic. One of them I came across is this. How to win a Nobel prize. Soon they will come up with 'How to win a Nobel prize for dummies' and you could buy it in stands around the world.


To prove a point Mr. Gore would probably have to buy an HEV for himself; Oh - how would he go and collect the prize then? Nevermind - he has his private jet !! :P


Labels: , , ,

Posted by Rajesh @ 9:09 AM; PERMALINK,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 Shouts:

At October 21, 2007 12:03 AM, Blogger Sunand said...

Rightly said..Even I found it surprising...But I hope you are aware of the cold war happening between US and Europe on issues related to Global warming and Climate change...mainly because US was not taking much initiatives on the Kyoto protocol and other climate change initiatives when compared to Europe. US(Bush Govt.) had altogether a different standpoint on the entire issue.. Gore and his team were in a way the first ones to take these issues more seriously.. probably the Nobel prize was a kind of boost given to Gore's team to continue with his activities..

 
At October 21, 2007 6:28 PM, Blogger Rajesh said...

@ Sunand - yes. There's a stoopid fight going on I believe. Not aware of the Kyoto protocol details (will look into that in more detail). Ah well - I don't buy the fact that they needed a boost to continue the work, atleast not this way. A Nobel prize (how should I put it) .. is something different .... :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home