Site Network: del.icio.us | Technorati |

 

I know the pieces fit 'cause I watched them fall away and I've done the math enuf to know the danger's of a second guessing.


Flickered ...

So finally I thought of shifting pics from Y! to Flickr. Every time I login to my Y! photos, I saw a bold red statement - a countdown actually that said how many days I have left to switch to Flickr. Anyways the process took about 4 days and finally got an email today from their team telling me that I'm all set.

I had started using Flickr, though, a long time back. But today I find out that I've gotten a pro-account and that its valid till end of 08. I'd have to shell $24.95 per year after that. Hmm ... that doesn't sound interesting. Why should I choose to use Flickr when others are offering it for free? Its not a huge price to pay but then something doesn't sound right somewhere.

Lets see if they relax the rates and/or extend the free account after 08.

Labels: , ,

Posted by Rajesh @ 6:21 PM; PERMALINK,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10 Shouts:

At September 06, 2007 7:52 AM, Blogger ammu said...

Welcome to the bright side! :o)

Flickr free account is good enough if you dont uploaded many GBs of pics every month or dont care about creating more than 3 sets.

Else, the 24.95$ fee seems a little high....but I've gotten so addicted to Flickr that I dont mind paying ;)

 
At September 06, 2007 7:13 PM, Blogger Rajesh said...

@ amrita - I think they tricked me by giving the PRO account for a year or so. As you said once you get addicted its probably worth paying ;-)

I can probably restrict myself to the GB uploads per month but only 3 sets ?? .. hmmm

 
At September 07, 2007 8:22 AM, Blogger RPM said...

Go to Picasa man ... the desktop client is awesome, and the web-based one ain't shabby either.

Considering your new mac, iMovie+hosted domain would be the best!

 
At September 09, 2007 4:11 PM, Blogger Mosilager said...

the free account is fine for me... but then i blog most of the pics I put up there so i have a link to it when it goes out of my photostream.

You can use tags to organise instead of sets - then it's unlimited :)

 
At September 10, 2007 6:22 PM, Blogger Rajesh said...

@usc trojan - yeah I'm still contemplating ... trying to see which one's user friendly. And then the GOOG vs YHOO war.

Dunno about the iMovie thing you mentioned here...what's that?

@ mosilager - Thanks for the input. Tagging could be done for individual snaps only? I mean can I do a select all and the tag them?

 
At September 11, 2007 12:08 AM, Blogger RPM said...

@rajesh: Sorry, I meant iPhoto-hosted domain ...

 
At September 11, 2007 10:38 AM, Blogger Mosilager said...

yeah you can batch edit whichever photos you want. there's usually a link somewhere on the page for that. when you get into the batch edit mode you can drag whichever photos you want or select by recently uploaded or tags or dates.

 
At September 11, 2007 5:32 PM, Blogger Rajesh said...

@ usc trojan - oh okay. You had me confused out there ;). But that means a .MAC account - hmmm ...

@ mosilager - oh okay. Will try that out. Tags make more sense esp. when you run outta the sets option.

 
At September 13, 2007 2:06 PM, Blogger RPM said...

@rajesh: No, no need for a .mac account. You can export photos from iphoto to a folder, and simply FTP to your web host. Works quite well, actually.

 
At September 14, 2007 10:43 PM, Blogger Rajesh said...

@ usc trojan - That sounds cool ! Will try that out :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home