Site Network: del.icio.us | Technorati |

 

I know the pieces fit 'cause I watched them fall away and I've done the math enuf to know the danger's of a second guessing.


Oh Dear Yahooooo - why dont u Improve !!!

I believe it was the year 1995 when I opened up an email account on Yahoo. It was an "in" thing to do at that time - having an email account i.e. Though I didn't know what to do with it - I just knew that I had to get one for myself. So while creating the account, filling up some personal details, I filled up "India" as the country of residence 'cause thats where I was back then. Little did I know that it wasn't the smartest thing to do.

To start off with I was given a "co.in" ID which, at that time, went against the preferred ".com" ones. I remember once or twice (or maybe more than that) I tried to change it but in vain. Why you may ask. Because Yahoo servers are probably down 90% of the time. What else would explain a weeks time just to receive emails?? Oh yeah - there were times when I had to wait at least a week to receive emails !!! A friend of mine sent me one like early last week and am still awaiting its holy presence in my Inbox. The only way I could figure out that he had sent me one was by logging into my Yahoo Groups account.

One Week?? Are you kidding me ? Snail mails travel much faster. Hell you can send postal mails in 4 days around the globe - via airmail. If you opt for a courier service or an expedited service you can get it at the destination in 2 days or so. Why then does it take days and days for Emails to get delivered ? I've come to know the those who have a ".com " address apparently don't have this issue at all. Does that mean that I have to suffer this until and unless I open up a new account portraying myself to be residing in US (which I do now but not back in 95) ??
ne !!!!!
Pull up your socks Yahoo. You guys would very well be aware of the competition you're getting out there from other service providers. Some people, like me, just hang in there 'cause of the level of patience we have. One fine day you would realize that you don't need all that hardware, all those servers, all those offices in them high risers around the globe - because there won't be any more users accessing your services.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted by Rajesh @ 9:22 PM; PERMALINK,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 Shouts:

At January 02, 2007 2:44 AM, Blogger abhas1 said...

That's why Gmail is my primary email account :)

Happy new year, dude!

 
At January 02, 2007 8:51 PM, Blogger Rajesh said...

@abhas1 -Thanks for the wishes.

Well, Gmail is my primary too but I didn't wanna change the existing Yahoo Groups emails, for ex. Anyways I don't know if these guys would come up with a good solution- considering that, I might follow suite :)

 
At January 03, 2007 4:44 PM, Blogger D for Dawn said...

@rajesh - that is pathetic. I switched to gmail and Yahoo is like my Junk mailbox now.
Happy New Year

 
At January 04, 2007 12:41 AM, Blogger Rajesh said...

@ d for dawn - Thanks for the wishes. I should consider moving out isnt it? Sigh !!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home